Kissing Snakes (Part 2)



I had casually opened the door and walked into the room when it hit me that something was amiss. The room was dark because the lights had now been switched off, but the light around me illuminated the darkness of the room to some degree and yet I could not see the kids. Thinking it was some teenage prank, I walked further into the room and that was when my fingers began to tremble at the sight that hit my eyes. Parents hardly talk about it, but the very instinct that makes us protective also churns up horrible scenarios that could affect our kids, and with these scenarios in our minds, we do all we can to ensure that things do not turn out that way. So we give our girls advice on sex so they don’t get pregnant and drop out of school, we tell our sons to drive carefully because we have imagined the horror of them being in a life threatening accident, we warn them about the friends they keep because we cannot stand the horrible mental picture of them in a jail cell…

The kids were in a corner, eyes staring at me out of the darkness of the room, eyes that now looked  reptiliean and jaundiced, eyes that were, for a better expression, the physical embodiment of inner sickness. They both lay on the floor, both on their bellies, in the dark, hands to the side like lizards, heads up and legs spread wide apart. It all looked terribly wrong, and all I could find myself thinking about was The Goo.


                         Click the image to read the full story - Kissing Snakes (The eBook)
Kissing Snakes (The eBook)





Comments

Popular Posts