Darkness


I have watched them before I was with them, known of their lifestyles before they even became aware of me – and yet, never has a race so loved and embraced me. For years and aeons, I sat in the darkness, unknown, unsought, unwanted in the place that you can only understand as “the void”, a place that is, and strangely, is not, in terms of the human language.

But I was never alone, because “he” has always being with me, shrouding all that I am, waiting with me in the void, and like me, was born into creation from the void where we existed – and yet did not exist…till the bite that changed it all.


I remember that day when the Glorious one walked on red earth, spoke to Red Earth and his companion, and I saw as the lights began to fade from Red Earth’s eyes – but not from mine. The lights never fade, but the blinded sons of Red Earth see less of the light and more of me, for it was Red Earth and his companion that called me – and my companion.

There was no need for words to call me forth, no, because that act was made only for the sphere of Red Earth, a much lower form of the reality of Word – just like everything on Red Earth’s sphere is but a shadow. But an act called me forth, and actions still call me forth for I do not have a choice.

I am powerless before the great command…of choice.

But when I am called, I am never alone; my companion comes with me. He comes with his hood, and his bony arms hold high the Scythe. The ones who embrace me long enough, embrace him as well

For he is Death.

And I am Sin…

Comments

Popular Posts