Guard your heart: Demonic meta-communication


Most of my close friends know I’m not a big fan of TV. Apart from playing video games or connecting it to a DVD player to watch a movie, or the news (which my wife follows so ardently!), it’s mostly off. I feel watching TV is too passive. You sit back and information is thrown at you, and you basically take it in, whether you are fully aware or not. So people are shocked when they come to my house and I do not subscribe to cable satellite channels, and have their jaws hitting the floor when I have no clue about what is going on in Big Brother. Honestly, I don’t think I’m missing a whole lot.

However, the reason why I am writing this is to speak to Disciples of Christ. (I'm find it harder to use the term ‘Christian’) about a crucial matter: The mind.


Fact: We ARE the light of the world. We are meant to be IN the thick of things, but aware that we are NOT of the world.

I had dabbled in the past into Neuro-Linguistic Programming, because several jobs I’ve had involved sales and marketing. Stumbling on meta-communication piqued my interest and after looking through for a while, it makes sense to talk about it, in the light of the scriptural that says “Guard your heart with all diligence or out of it are/proceeds the issues/streams of life”. The prefix ‘meta’ means ‘higher’, or more aptly, ‘beyond’ to whatever word follows. Hence ‘Meta-communication’ is communication (information exchange) that goes beyond the basics.  

What I am trying to get at is that, whether you know it or not, you are being sold information. That information is giving to you via several means; words, actions, expressions – and even on a subconscious level. There are messages that are sent to you to appeal to the fringes of your consciousness, because the understanding of the human mind has evolved enough for people to know that the mind grasps so many things that it is not aware of. For example, sometimes you can sense, without seeing, that someone is watching you. At other times you can race past a sign – and still recall what it said without looking…though you thought were not paying attention.

But your subconscious was, because the real ‘you’ looks out of your body through your eyes – and that is where the enemy comes in.

One of my siblings taught me to always watch a movie and pay attention to the subjects that were not at the centre of focus. You find remarkable things going on in the background. It is the same for movies, adverts, musicals…though banned in some countries because they were effective for mass programming, they still sieve through. Sadly, the level of decadence shows that what is sold through various means is not value or virtue or decency. It is quite the opposite. Friend, if you think the world is corrupt, you have seen nothing yet. 
This is just a tip of the iceberg.

Final thoughts: This book of the law (God’s word) shall not depart from your mouth, but think through it, meditate on it, at least, every day and night so that you will intuitively learn to do what it says as it directs your thinking and lifestyle. In this way, you will become prosperous, find safety, and you will have success that does not destroy you because of a lack of character.

Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts