Kissing Snakes: The Conclusion

I raised the goblet to my lips and smiled at my son and Stella who sat across the table from me. They looked at me with smiling eyes and lips and lifted up the goblets filled with rich red wine to their lips. In unison, we all drank deep, slow and long, heads tilted back and eyes closed, with rivulets running down the sides of our mouth – and then there was a moment of silence – before we all burst out laughing hard, eyes closed again. Stella banged on the table as she laughed, making the cutlery dance as she did. The sun cut through the windows, lighting up the room even further. Another beautiful day had just begun and at this point, our scar-covered bodies hardly made a difference anymore. There would be plenty of time to heal…


                                     Click the image below to read and buy the full story 
                                                      (Kissing Snakes: The eBook)
Kissing Snakes (The eBook)







Comments

  1. John!!!! Beautiful! Just beautiful. How well to tell the redemption story?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you played with the timeframe. I loved most the tint of reality added to this. I GMT have been slightly disappointed if the man just magically survived and all the snakes changed. I was happier to read he was weak and carried out of the barn by his children. I like a writer who does his research well. Haematidrosis is actually a term I now know thanks to the post. Good job, John.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for the feedback.
    It's encouraging.

    The redemption story, when one begins to grasp it, is a profound and beautiful one...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts